Resources Platform for Management Consultants
Care Centers and Hospitals
Surgical and nonsurgical diagnostics, treatments, and operating (e.g. nursing) services for in- and out-patients.
Direct through personnel
In- and out-patients with medical condition, insurance companies.
Quality of care, breadth of services, skilled workforce, are the major basis for competition. Increasing competition from specialty care centers.
(1) Shift toward outpatient care models;
(2) Shift from fee-for-service to a value-based payment model;
(3) Pressure from government and insurance to decrease prices;
(4) Governmental policy changes, e.g. the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) in the US;
(5) Demographic shift: aging population
Drivers are access to highly skilled labor, proximity to key markets, reputation, optimum capacity utilization, understanding of government policies and their implications.
Wages, marketing, and purchase of medical equipment and pharmaceutical supplies